Leader | Business Visionary
Shifting Mindsets | Behaviour Modification
Innovator | Director
Agile Leadership | Business Agility | Business Process Engineering
Methodology & Technology Agnostic
Togaf Certified Enterprise Architect | Solutions Architect | Data Engineering
SDLC | DevOps
AWS | Azure | Vmware | ETL | BI | ERP | CRM
Delivery | AgilePM® | Certified Scrum Master®
Agile SCRUM Technical Ninja
Over 22 years of delivering more effective and efficient business operations. Leading diverse teams through a period of change whilst working collaboratively within the business, both UK and Internationally with a focus, drive and passion for Not-For-Profit and Charities. Also across Public sector, Startups, Energy Healthcare, Education, Sales, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Manufacturing and HR.
Subscribe to All Is True, the latest Blog Newsletters for Updates and News.
Tools and Technology Officer
Playing my part in the global response to the 2019 COVID-19 pandemic. I wish to continue to be placed within any UK Government departments’ where my knowledge, skills and experience can be best utilised in the UK response to the current pandemic.
I currently operate as the hands-on bridge between delivery on behalf of DHSC (Customer – Directorate) / UKHSA for the Test & Trace Universities Service / Use Case and the following stakeholders DfE, HEI (Higher Education), NHS Digital / X, T&T, PHE, Cabinet office, OTL (Central Team) Control Tower. Background in Healthcare Technology, Data, Product Owner, Data and EA, PMO (Agile, Prince 2, Kanban, Scrum), Epidemiology, National Clinical Audits and Clinical Trials. Director for Platform X for Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre.
June 2021 to Present (Current contract until 7th Nov 2021, with possible extension to March 2022)
DHSC – Department of Health and Social Care / UKHSA – UK Health Security Agency
Tools and Technology Officer – Grade SEO – Service Change & Innovation
(Best described as Technology, Data and Digital Journey Business Partnering – Reactionary / Rapid problem-solving role depending on the requirements/changes / activity of the service use and / or stakeholders)
Enterprise Data Architect (Full Time) FTC – Product Owner, Architect Owner, Domain Expert
Reporting to the Business Integration Programme. Responsible for EA setup, Data Architecture, New Reporting Architecture –Data Capture ETL, OLAP, Data Platform, Common Data Model, New Application Architecture and Migrations.
Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
Reporting to the CEO. Responsible for Leading, designing, implementing & documenting new information & data architecture including end-to-end design, configuration & deployment of solutions & software to enable the Foundation to fully utilise the potential of Office 365 & other related business software. Strong user design focus on the project, ensuring that stakeholders are actively engaged in the project development, design & implementation.
- Leveraging charitable status for discounting or free services & applications
- Delivery of Project Management & Operations process task workflow Method Solution
- Data architecture for Heritage Foundation’s 26000 Property Assets, (Housing & Commercial) Property Management Data for process and income.
- Lead for transformation programme for Property & Landlord Consent from paper & excel records to a digital platform Salesforce with future Business intelligence and Data Analytics capabilities.
- Both Delivery & technical hands-on roles for Office 365 – SharePoint and OneDrive deployment, Configuration & Adoption
- Solution Delivery of Service Portal for residential & commercial tenants
- Set Business Vision, 5 year strategy and yearly business plans
- Defined Enterprise Architecture – Open Source Software Pentaho PDI, Data Model, Atlassian Suite
- Accomplishment team Agile mindset and working toward Business Agility for the rest of the organisation.
- Completed MVP (Platform X) within 7 months on time, on budget and with required quality.
- Implemented DevOps – CD/CI/CR
- Delivered Test-driven development (TDD) with automated testing.
- Recruited and built teams of people.
- Achieved Cyber Essentials Certification for the organisation.
- Achieved NHS Digital Data Security and Protection Toolkit standard for IG Governance and Compliance.
- Maintained and renewed the approval of Section 251 of Health and Social care Act for the organisations National Clinical Audit.
- Driving the release of ICNARC Case Mix Programme Dataset Version 4.0
- Provided consultancy for vendor selection, SAP Business One, MS Dynamics and Sage – Review, Advice and Guidances – Selected SAP Business One – Enterprise and Solution Architecture Set
- Recruited to head hunt the permanent “Head of EPR”.
- Set strategy for resource management to respond to the charity’s business priorities in a cost-effective manner. Provided in-depth knowledge of the charity’s business and Information strategies, and what objectives and business benefit must be fulfilled.
- Set strategy for monitoring and managing the performance of Information-related systems and services, in respect of their contribution to the charity’s performance
- Development a project and application for ensuring members schools are fully briefed on the security and safety situation, are provided with up-to date country information, training with the FCO and UN.
- Implemented ECISConnect.org (Linked-in for International school) with a pipeline of 100,000 users by the end of 2017.
- Lead the re-design of the corporate website to be launched in the winter of 2017.
- Recommended and implemented Office 365 – Most Products, Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and BI.
Provided recommendations which will impact the technology landscape of Cuba for the next decade and its social and economic development by providing of PSTN new public telephone system, increased internet bandwidth from locations (MPLS) where Internet access (WIFI) is used on a collective basis, such as in work places, parks, schools, University and Businesses.
- The first dedicated IT leader, directly managing 3 that grown to 7 over 3 years and over 20 outsourcing partners covering 2 sites with multiple IT functions.
- Created and implemented of strategies and policies (ITIL) for the next 5 years, lined to an £38m company to £80m.
- Replaced the legacy infrastructure with the first 4 months in order to support the new ERP (Storage, Sage Line 300 & 500, Netnapp, Vmware, Cisco, VOIP, mobile, cloud & exchange – server migrations (P2V and V2V) and applications virtualisation).
- Lead and implemented a new ERP as the pervious implementation of the legacy ERP failed within the first 6 months
- Designed and implemented BRAD using Pentaho – PDI – Business Intelligence & Data Engineering
- Designed and implement RIO H&S System.
- Maintained ISO 9001
- Provided independent consultancy on Electronic Patient Records Systems (SME subject matter expert) to 5 MPs for a Commons Public Accounts Committee Meeting and the published report.
- Provided evidence and advice from the Department of Health and its contractors BT and Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), it was examined for the delivery of care records systems under the National Programme for IT in the NHS.
- Delivered Strategy & Design
- Selected and Delivered EPR – Electronic Patient Record System
- Delivery of training of System
- Implement of one the UK’s first 100 Hosted Virtual Desktops projects.
- SAP (ERP) implementations across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Setting Architecture processes
- Defining strategic and tactical IT planning
- Building Teams
Responsible Systems Engineer/Team Leader /Project Manager, Intermigration Projects Leader, Hardware Installation, Software installation, Scripts Author and Technical Adviser.
Working with Computacenter as Contractor for Severn Trent Water
Migrating Seven Trent E-mail’s from CC.Mail to Lotus Notes. Throughout the six-month contact I worked under an intermigration consultant.
I joined BT as a Technical Adviser for the Group Motor Transport Department, specialising in the deployment of Microsoft Windows NT 4. I advised on different ways of deploying not only Windows NT but also any operating system and software. During my time at BT I used a lot of Microsoft BackOffice Family products. I was only 18 year old and already using GHOST imaging tools and developing an understand for the future, on what would become VMware Virtualization.
I also started to use Paypal in 1997!
Starting my Career
Technical Services Trainee
I joined Vector in January 1997, as a Technical Services Trainee. Vector Networks is a software company, which specialises in network management control software; my role was to give technical support to customers and distributors.
The product was very similar to Microsoft SMS – System Management Server and PC Anywhere.
In the Beginning